The Knights of the Golden Circle was a secret Southern society that sought to establish a slave-holding empire in Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central America.
Join us on Wednesday, May 1, at noon as author David C. Keehn provides the first comprehensive analysis of the society and how they carried out clandestine actions to support the southern cause. Even with the war all but lost, various Knights supported one of its members, John Wilkes Booth, in his plot to assassinate President Lincoln.
(If you aren’t in DC, you can watch line on our Ustream channel. The program will also be archived later on that page.)
The public program is free and will be held in the National Archives in Washington, DC. Enter through the Special Events door on Constitution and Seventh.
A book signing will follow the program.
21 Notes/ Hide
- k-history likes this
- k-history reblogged this from usnatarchives
- zaxtrax likes this
- wandererabovethefog likes this
- laffieya likes this
- historgasm reblogged this from usnatarchives
- quite-a-character likes this
- dontbelievethetrolls likes this
- archivistinthelibrary likes this
- proofitgood likes this
- busterkeatonholic likes this
- hilabyela reblogged this from usnatarchives
- thomassobien reblogged this from usnatarchives and added:
- ucsdspecialcollections likes this
- foxox likes this
- quickhits likes this
- section9 likes this
- frollcedaillan00 likes this
- heyhermano likes this
- 1863-project reblogged this from usnatarchives and added:
- 1863-project likes this
- usnatarchives posted this