Can Republicans and Democrats be turned into Americans?
Our panel of experts tackles this question on Thursday, February 28, at 7 p.m. in the William G. McGowan Theater.
A panel of former members of Congress discuss America’s political system, including redistricting, closed primaries, and the 24-hour news cycle.
New York Times journalist Jackie Calmes will moderate panelists Mickey Edwards (R-OK), author of The Parties Versus the People: How to Turn Republicans and Democrats into Americans; Charlie Stenholm (D-TX); David Skaggs (D-CO); and John Porter (R-IL).
The program is FREE. Enter the National Archives building through the Special Events entrance at Constitution Avenue and Seventh Street.
Presented in partnership with the U.S. Association of Former Members of Congress. A book signing follows the program.
9 Notes/ Hide
- kingspm reblogged this from usnatarchives
- kingspm likes this
- annelovesfilm reblogged this from usnatarchives
- leesabsalcedo reblogged this from usnatarchives and added:
- stateofgreen likes this
- tsvy likes this
- parmodule reblogged this from usnatarchives
- thebesstuffonearth likes this
- random-research likes this
- usnatarchives posted this