A “family portrait” of 225 new American citizens! They had just completed being sworn in front of the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution and the Bill of Rights in the Rotunda of the National Archives Building.
To honor the 225th anniversary of the signing of the U.S. Constitution, 225 petitioners from around the world became U.S. citizens in our annual naturalization ceremony.
This year’s ceremony featured remarks from Archivist of the United States David S. Ferriero and a keynote address by United States Secretary of Homeland Security Janet Napolitano. The Honorable Royce Lamberth, United States District Court for the District of Columbia, presided over the ceremony.
8 Notes/ Hide
- driedfrogpills4me likes this
- vertiginousthrill likes this
- sunshinendust likes this
- preservearchives likes this
- finchiekinstheowl likes this
- imagineagreatadventure reblogged this from ourladyofmars
- ourladyofmars reblogged this from usnatarchives
- companioncube76 reblogged this from usnatarchives
- usnatarchives posted this