This is page 5 of George Washington’s copy of the draft of the Constitution. You can see his notes on the page, which describes the powers of the President.
As Chairman of the Constitutional Convention, George Washington said little but took careful notes. This National Archives record will be on temporary display at the museum at Mount Vernon, along with his personal copy of “Acts of Congress” (just acquired by Mount Vernon) from September 17.
Washington did have strong opinions on the debates and the delegates. Read today’s Constitution 225 blog post to learn more: http://go.usa.gov/rAFA
10 Notes/ Hide
- wrinklesoftime reblogged this from usnatarchives
- companioncube76 reblogged this from usnatarchives
- finchiekinstheowl likes this
- stickart likes this
- preservearchives likes this
- husky04 reblogged this from usnatarchives
- itmightbedoug likes this
- dotsmatrix likes this
- jasmineandthedoctor reblogged this from usnatarchives
- jasmineandthedoctor likes this
- usnatarchives posted this